Advertisement

new APIs old APIs and the depreciation button

Started by September 14, 2011 02:33 PM
4 comments, last by Sirisian 13 years ago
I think I am going to have to stay an old dog with new tricks like using Directx5 with 3D for my things because the race to learn and apply new technologies seem to be required to just do anything. Of course I will not get a job programming old dog stuff unless I employ myself.

General Studies A.S - College of Southern Nevada 2003 GPA 2.3
ok
Advertisement
Awesome, I'm going to bu dild my next house out of dried cow dung just cause I can.
Cool story bro.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2]."

[size=2]~ [size=1]Antheus

These fancy, newfangled horseless carriages are just too damned hard to figure out. I'mma stay with my trusty ol' buckboard and two horse team.
I know what you mean. My friends keep pressuring me to move from Windows 2000 to a modern OS like Windows 8.

On a related topic this guys threads are very random for someone that's around 29 years old. Reminds me of an 8 year old asking questions to their parents. Though some of his posts just show a lack of architecture knowledge mixed with ADD.

My recommendation would be to get a CS degree. I think it would clear up a lot of the questions and give you insight into common practices for research and staying up to date with technology.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement