Advertisement

Skrillex Piano Cover Anyone?

Started by September 03, 2011 06:39 PM
2 comments, last by Chris Reynolds 13 years ago
Hey guys,

Although I primarily write music, I am also a piano major and love performing. Unfortunately there isn't much of a market for performing classical works, so for my friends I always learn some popular songs and put them up on my youtube channel. This is one of those videos!

I love the techno/house/dubstep DJ Skrillex (if you haven't heard of him or his music, I suggest checking it out - it's very good stuff. Well written. Excellently produced). Anyway, feel free to take a look at the video if you want. It was a nice break from writing for my current projects... now back to the studio :)

Skrillex - With You, Friends (Long Drive) [Piano Cover]

Enjoy!

- Evan
Evan DuffyComposer for film, games, and media
Nice work man. The original is not really my taste but your version is nice.

FYI some of my favorite songs are reworks of classical songs but with a modern beat and some extras.

I also listened to your Mysterious Corridors piece, it's really good. Just out of curiousity, how much would you charge to do a 2 minute "theme" song for a game? Pretend it's a low-budget indie game.
Advertisement
Hey ChurchSkiz,

Thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed my cover of the piece. I also love new takes on old works - they can only bring something new and fresh to the table, rarely anything bad (even if it may not appeal to some people). Please feel free to shoot me an email at edcomposer (at) gmail (dot) com with the details of your inquiry.

Thanks again.

- Evan
Evan DuffyComposer for film, games, and media
Exceptional - very well done. This is one of those things I bookmark and listen to every day until I just can't listen to it anymore.

Hope all the best to your career

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement