Advertisement

Hardest game as a child, still hard as an adult?

Started by June 12, 2011 09:53 AM
32 comments, last by JoeCooper 13 years, 3 months ago
Zelda 2. I had it when I about 3 or 4 or so. I played it a lot, and never could get very far. I tried again and again over the years.

Then when I was about 20 or something I wound up with it on my Gameboy Advance and finally beat the damn thing.

I called my brother to share the news, tossed it in a drawer and haven't seen it since.
1. Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors 2
2. TMNT for NES
3. Solstice

These games rock me until this day.
Advertisement
Prince of Persia 1, the very first one back in 2D, and my computer could only play it in about 2 colours when I first got it. I still haven't completed the game to this day, although I've got close. It was always a problem of time, you have 1hr to complete the game from start to finish and I would get close to the end but then run out.
Zelda Links awakening

I hated this stupid mask temple and I never got through it even after I tried it 3 times.

Stupid game ._.
[size="2"]Java / C# Developer
I... I never beat Alex Kidd in Miracle World :unsure:

I... I never beat Alex Kidd in Miracle World :unsure:

That was one of those late in life game beats. I sat my ass down at 9am and said "You will beat this game today." For some reason playing it focused I did it on the first try, but it was pretty tough.
Advertisement
I could never beat the Dune II level on the Athreides side, when the Harkonnen had the nuclear missile for the first time. I was either fucked by missiles or stuck-bugs (if they were bugs). You know, when the harvester got stuck in a refinery and you don't have enough money or place to build a new refinery. Or when the ordered machines never arrived.
R-Type on the sega master system was extremely hard for me at 13. 15 years later i managed to complete it on an emulator, but only with lots of save states...
spider solitaire on most versions of windows; admittedly a non-traditional option.

I think I have won once.
Oh, fuckn, Turok 2. I tried over and over again through the years to beat it and finally did. It was triumphant.

Anyone ever play that? That game is murder.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement