Advertisement

Minecraft clone

Started by May 29, 2011 03:56 AM
3 comments, last by capn_midnight 13 years, 3 months ago
I was thinking of making a minecraft clone but without the blocks, there would just be masses of objects and players could mine chunks out of these and with the materials they could make blocks and other shapes and objects of various sizes and place them anywhere they want.

Is there a market for more minecraft type games?
Given it's growth in popularity there is almost certainly room for more of that kind of game.
Creating it is by no means a simple undertaking though, as simple as the concept may be...
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Advertisement
You've got competition

You've got competition

I don't doubt there's gonna be some competition, I think I can make a somewhat unique game though.

I'm kinda thinking of a game sort of like minecraft but with some other genres mixed in.

Also, I've always wanted to make a hugely interactive environment game through terraforming etc long before I ever heard of minecraft.

It would be pretty awesome if I could make a game kind of like a mix between a multiplayer zelda/minecraft where people could make their own dungeons.

I want to make that, and also have it so people can switch between servers with their character and inventory. There would be pretty much endless environments/dungeons to explore.
Few people remember that Minecraft itself is a clone of Infiniminer

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement