Advertisement

Want your oppinion on my graphics.

Started by May 13, 2011 12:49 AM
13 comments, last by guywithknife 13 years, 4 months ago

From my experience, it's always difficult to communicate artistic view such as this to an artist. Self-taught artists tend to develop their own style. So they will be good at certain styles -- their styles -- and may have difficulties drawing in other styles.

I figured if I shopped around I would be able to find someone with a suitable style.... Trust me I won't be an art-nazi, I understand you can only ask so much from someone. I'm willing to settle with something aslong as it's with the same ballpark.

Consider investing in a tablet. Worth every penny. Bought a Bamboo for ~$80 4 years ago, and I still use it.
[/quote]

Honestly I've never shopped for a tablet before, and just assumed they'd be $300 dollars or more. Eighty bucks sounds like a reasonable deal... Though I'd probably get alot let less programming done. You should see the tons of notebooks I jot down everything about my projects, they're littered with doodles to the point it's hard to read some of my design notes.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.

Honestly I've never shopped for a tablet before, and just assumed they'd be $300 dollars or more. Eighty bucks sounds like a reasonable deal... Though I'd probably get alot let less programming done. You should see the tons of notebooks I jot down everything about my projects, they're littered with doodles to the point it's hard to read some of my design notes.
I bought the large Bamboo Fun for 250(cheaper in US), and I'm very happy with it. The 69.99 one isn't as good, and doesn't come with PSE, but it fits the needs of most. Now that I have one, I could never imagine working without it again.
Advertisement

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1305341291' post='4810518']
I bought the large Bamboo Fun for 250(cheaper in US), and I'm very happy with it. The 69.99 one isn't as good, and doesn't come with PSE, but it fits the needs of most. Now that I have one, I could never imagine working without it again.
[/quote]

While we're on the subject of tablets, If I'm the kind of person that drags the palm of his hand around while drawing... will the tablet pick up on that, or does it only pickup the pen? I'm going to hit the intronet and do a little research.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.

[quote name='Daaark' timestamp='1305341461' post='4810519']
[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1305341291' post='4810518']
[/quote]

While we're on the subject of tablets, If I'm the kind of person that drags the palm of his hand around while drawing... will the tablet pick up on that, or does it only pickup the pen? I'm going to hit the intronet and do a little research.
[/quote]No.

If you have a Bamboo pen model, only the pen will work. Mine is Pen + Touch, but I disable the touch. It's not an issue.

As an alternative, if you have a scanner and an image editing program like photoshop, you can hand draw the art, scan it and then colour it in/touch it up in the image editing program.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement