Advertisement

Mindfuck trick

Started by May 11, 2011 01:54 PM
15 comments, last by swiftcoder 13 years, 4 months ago
The real question is: what is this a viral marketing advertisement for?

Just think about the liquid mountaineering videos -> an ad for runners shoes
I think it was a prank: "everybody" tries it.
Advertisement
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" XD

This would be a really neat trick if there was some substance that (somehow) could intensify the superficial tension of the water and that would disolve when touched.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
If you wanted to do it for real, you would have to trick it up with some chemistry. Something in the cup to make the "water" react and solidify. Something on your finger to undo the reaction (or explode, either way). Now the chemistry buffs of this forum can tell you what substances to use (assuming it's possible).
The room is actually -15 C, and the water freezes in the time between camera cuts, thus standing water.. Realistically if u wanted to do this u can add gelatin to the water and let it set within 5 minutes and voila! Wobbly cup shaped water cone.. also will need to give it a "twist" to release..

-ddn
You could probably pull it off with some transparent Jell-O molded to the shape of the cup. Then you can pour in water, and as long as it's just thick enough it would have a similar effect to what's in the video. But to collapse like that, without any chunks, it would have to be awfully thin... maybe it wouldn't work after all.

I say he's a witch.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

Advertisement
I always preferred this trick.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement