Advertisement

Customizing Gamedev Colors

Started by May 08, 2011 01:48 AM
1 comment, last by Paul65 13 years, 4 months ago
I haven't visited gamedev for a few months. When I came back, I discovered that you couldnt change the color scheme :( Previously I had a dark color scheme as this was easier on my eyes. Whats happened? Is there some option hidden away somewhere that I missed? I thought this was a really good feature of gamedev, most sites leave you stuck with the glaring white background and dark text. Why have they taken it away?
Scroll down to the bottom of any page; on the lower left, above the footer block with all the links you should find a drop-down which by default reads "GDNet Standard". This box is for choosing the site theme, and has another option for a GDNet Black theme -- although the theme in question still needs some work to be complete, you might find it more enjoyable than the default if you prefer dark themes.

Alternatively if you're not satisfied with the current state of the official black theme, if you have a browser that handles user styles in a sensible way you could install BenRyves' Back in Classic Blacktheme.

Hopefully the staff will get to finishing up that official black theme soon, although I know they have plenty of other (arguably more important) bugs to deal with as well.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement
Thanks! That did the trick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement