🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What Distribution?

Started by
1 comment, last by D 24 years, 9 months ago
This question is raly bait for a flamewar, BTW

Rather than recommend a distribution (I use SuSE 6.2 and Mandrake 6.0 for the record) I'll just point out that generally speaking, if something works for one distribution it'll work for most others.

------------------
=> Arfa <=

=> Arfa <=
Advertisement
Heya all, I was wondering what Distribution of linux to get for my new computer? I have narrowed it currently to 3 different versions for developing programs on, they are Debian, Caldera and Red Hat, Could people give me their opinions on which one to get? And which one is easiest to setup/program etc.

------------------
-Dom:)
Visit - http://www.eisa.net.au/~sdgrab/contents.html

Daemin(Dominik Grabiec)
Sorry, for doing this, but I'm closing this thread. I don't want people arguing about what distro is better, as we all have our different opinions on that (personally, I'm a RedHat fan).

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement