🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Borland C like IDE?

Started by
2 comments, last by slunko 24 years, 10 months ago
Try xwpe...

It's very similar to the original Borland IDE for DOS, and has a man page viewer for reference (not to mention nice syntax highlighting)

Another IDE is Code Crusader, but this one is slightly bugger (well, it was when I tried it a loooong time ago).

Both are available on Freshmeat.

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement
I've been using Code Crusader, a nice little "IDE," for quite a while. Although it's not really an IDE, considering it's a little ways away from what i consider being fully integrated, it is a nice editor with support for generating makefiles, and with Code Medic, available seperately, you'll even have a debugger built in. Beyond that, they have some very interesting plans for future developments.

Other than Code Crusader, there's KDevelop, if you have KDE, but i haven't tried it. There are some other, proprietary IDEs, but i wouldn't invest in one of these unless you REALLY know that you want it. In general, i think there's a lot of free stuff that's just as good, if not better.

Oh, and if you want to go the *real* Linux way, there's always Emacs...

-Shelrem

Hi. .does anyone know a good borland c like IDE (Integrated Developer Environment) for linux (GCC). It would be nice if it featured a help viewer and syntax hightlight and such.
I liked rhide for DOS a lot but can't figure how to install the linux beta.
/slunko

Try Code Forge (uhh, www.codeforge.com I think).

------------------
=> Arfa <=

=> Arfa <=

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement