🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do you get your computer parts from?

Started by
21 comments, last by Nytegard 14 years, 11 months ago
Newegg here as well
Advertisement
Online: Newegg
Store: Fry's
NCIX is just awesome in Canada. I dont understand how NCIX can ship my parts via post faster than MS can ship anything via UPS/Purolator.
Quote: Original post by dannielum
if (newegg.price < amazon.price)
newegg
else
amazon

How about
std::min(amazon, newegg, boost::bind(&vendor::price, _1) < boost::bind(&vendor::price, _2))

;)
Quote: Original post by dannielum
if (newegg.price < amazon.price)
newegg
else
amazon

Same here, although when I used to live by Fry's I used to get parts like motherboards/cpu if I was in a hurry since they were basically the only store in town that carried those parts at a reasonable price.

[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
amazon, or sometimes google product search.
I love deal hunting <3
I used to price watcher whatever I wanted and try get a good deal from someone with a decent rating. After awhile newegg proved to repeatedly be the best all around place for everything. So mostly I just start there. My work just moved near a Microcenter so I pop in sometimes. I might go there for something if I need it quick and can't wait a few days for shipping. Mostly though, I'm a newegg baby.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
We don't have Newegg (or really any decent online computer parts store) down here, so I just go to a local retailer. There are a few here which actually manage to get decent prices (relative to what they are in the US).
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
I love NewEgg...but mostly because their warehouse is only 30 miles or so from me. I can often get products the next day with regular ground shipping just because they ship so quickly.
Another one for overclockers UK.

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement