🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard Memory Question

Started by
4 comments, last by Promit 15 years, 6 months ago
Should i buy PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 or DDR3/1600MHz with this motherboard?
Advertisement
also i would be buying Intel® Core™2 i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 it that matters(from what i here memory and spu are now linked).
Exploring the impact of memory speed on Core i7 performance.
Quote:
Unless you're going to push the base clock, which requires some cooperation from your motherboard, the 920 is essentially limited to DDR3-1066. At that speed, DIMMs with 7-7-7-20 timings are actually quite affordable and widely available, so there's really no need to settle for budget modules with looser timings. Our testing shows that you can even get away with a dual-channel config if you happen to already have a couple of DDR3 DIMMs lying around. I wouldn't skimp on that third memory module if I were building a Core i7 system from scratch, though.

Are you planing to overclock at all?
No, i don't
I greatly value TR's advice. I wouldn't go above 1066 as you're just wasting your money.

Check their System Guide for RAM suggestions if you need it.

Hope this helps.
Moved to Hardware Discussion.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement