🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Flexible Wireless Keyboard (IR?)

Started by
0 comments, last by Rattenhirn 15 years, 6 months ago
I am looking for a flexible wireless keyboard (like the one from Live Free or Die Hard lol :) ) with decent range. I would prefer that it be infrared, but RF and Bluetooth are fine too. Lastly, it would be greatly preferred that it be readily Linux-compatible. Does anyone have any good products for me? I appreciate the advice. P.S. This goes without saying but... the cheaper the better! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I program in C++, on MSVC++ '05 Express, and on Windows. Most of my programs are also for windows.
Advertisement
I have this this and am fairly happy with it.

It's expensive, the touchpad is quite bad and it's missing some important keys (ie. F1-F12), but it has great range, is small, looks pleasing, the battery lasts very long and it works with Linux.

It uses bluetooth, but comes with its own adapter, so you won't need one.

I have had a Microsoft wireless keyboard before, but the range on RF keyboard is generally very poor. On the MS one it was less than 1.5 meters, which was not enough to sit back on the couch. I had to lean forward, which was very annoying.

As far as I know there are now IR keyboard. That would be a bad idea anyways because you'd need and unobstructed line of sight to the receiver.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement