🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Linux

Started by
7 comments, last by Sickilla 23 years ago
Where can i download linux/free BSD X4J
X4J
Advertisement
Look around tucows.com for a mirror of a Linux distro. Or, see this page for information on acquiring FreeBSD.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
linuxiso.org is your friend.

I''m reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Get RedHat 7.1 http://www.redhat.com

Is very good.
Is Red Hat Free?

X4J
X4J
Yep, it''s free , or you can pay $$$$ to redhat to get tech support and easy updates. This is how they stay in business.

By the way, linux is under a free licence. Companies are allowed to sell it but they''ve got to give away a free version too.
Moving this to the linux forum since you''ll probably find more help there .
www.debian.org
ftp.freesoftware.com // freebsd

The are both in IMHO equal though debian
as more packages and more driver support.
debian''s probably a hair bit easier to install though
freebsd''s config files are easier to edit.

freebsd''s port system is nice if you want to compile
packages.

Also if they are still in business, Cheap Bytes is a pretty good place to get basic install CD''s at a cheap price.

It might be www.cheapbytes.com, as I only have proxy access here at work.

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement