🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Boot Camp for Linux or Windows?

Started by
3 comments, last by Promit 16 years, 2 months ago
Is there an equivilant software in either linux or windows that will dual boot an OS as I'm running another OS so I can work on both OS's at the same time? If not I'll be satisfied with my dual boot. I'm just looking for a piece of software that will let me install an OS on top of an OS and let me run that OS on top of the OS I'm running so with my dual monitor display I can run or seem like I'm running 2 OS's simataniously with ease! Thanks! :)
Advertisement
You mean like Virtual PC?
I'm not sure what you're asking for. Boot Camp, like GRUB or LILO or what-have-you, allows you to reboot into a different operating system, not to have two operating systems running side-by-side. If you want that, you'll want virtualization software such as VirtualPC or VMWare or Xen.
yes yes I'm sorry I mean Virtual PC

Thanks! :)

It's free? from Microsoft? What the EF? Microsoft is the greedy monopoly.
Quote: Original post by aleisterbukowski
It's free? from Microsoft? What the EF? Microsoft is the greedy monopoly.
Yeah, that's not a joke you want to be cracking around here.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement