🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What is generally considered to be the most reliable hard drive brand?

Started by
4 comments, last by Gaiiden 16 years, 3 months ago
I finally have some spare cash and I'm wondering which labels to look for and which to avoid. Also are there any good hardware review sites I should look at?

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

Advertisement
None of them. Just buy any big label, their rates are all basically the same.

Although personally I like Seagates. Apparently the new Hitachi drives are absolutely fabulous too.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Actually google did a released a study on off the shelf servers and the harddrives they used and it showed that harddrives from a certain company(which they wouldn't name) are more likely to fail.
Anyways I prefer Seagate for their 5 year warranties but my friend who like WD says the now offer 5 year warranties too?

[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote: Original post by daviangel
Anyways I prefer Seagate for their 5 year warranties but my friend who like WD says the now offer 5 year warranties too?

IIRC they're the same company now.

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

If you don't care about paying a bit more for a hard drive, consider buying a WD Raptor (the only ones who run at 10k rpm instead of the normal 7.2k). I have one of 150gb and it's fast as hell.
I've never had a problem with any WD drives I've ever purchased. I too have a Raptor and it's great.

MaximumPC and BitTech are two of my fav hardware sites - retailers like my favorite, NewEgg, have customer ratings as well.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement