Advertisement

Shopping for a new Mac desktop (iMac?)

Started by December 18, 2007 06:34 PM
30 comments, last by speciesUnknown 16 years, 7 months ago
Quote: the higher ups are realizing that vista is just unusable

I don't get it. I have Vista on 4 machines. One of them is a HTPC running on a MacMini, one on my wife's laptop, one on the kids computers, and one on my main desktop (running Vista 64). I think it's a fine OS. The main disappointment was that my MIDI interface didn't have 64-bit drivers (Turtle Beach MIDI). The sound device management is a lot better than in XP; the shiny graphics are shiny but not necessary; the user authentication is no worse than what you'll get in Linux or MacOS X, and does add a level of protection.

In fact, the most annoying part of Vista is how little change it represents compared to XP SP2... That, and the fact that Visual Studio 2005 needs to be Run As Administrator, which is a design problem with VS'05 more than Vista itself.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
WHY oh WHY can't I get a machine in the format / price of a Powermac but with the specs of an Imac? I only buy mac laptop, and only PC desktops. My 19" screen is more than enough, so I don;t want to buy a desktop with a built in screen. If apple did something like that, I'd get it tomorrow.

PS: Why do people always talk about "Switching?" I have two electric drills; one black and decker and one bosch. I didn't "switch" to bosch when I bought my bosch cordless drill, and I still use the black and decker when I want to run off the mains, and I use the Bosch when I want to get inside something (its smaller, but less powerful). Imagine how absurd it would sound on an Advert(commercial) on TV:

"I couldn't use my big, clunky Black and Decker, so I switched to Bosch!"
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement