Advertisement

Motherboards

Started by October 09, 2007 04:53 PM
1 comment, last by Zcuron 16 years, 11 months ago
I'm going to be getting a new rig, and I don't know what motherboard to get. I have my cpu, video-card, ram, and harddrive and such picked out. Anyone have any ideas on what motherboard I out to get with these that I have picked out? ram harddrive videocard> CPU! monitor
Go to the Power Search section of the Motherboard selector on Newegg. Enter the parameters you're interested in (right kind of socket, RAM support, etc), and get a list. Sort it by price, or ratings, and sift through the answers.

Personally, if it has less than four eggs, I'm not interested. I also think that Asus, while not perfect, is usually a safer bet than most other brands of motherboard. I also like NVIDIA chip sets.

Here's one: ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual L (1207FX) NVIDIA nForce 680a
However, it sounds like you need to figure out your parameters, like price, features, SLI needs, etc, before you can settle on some particular board.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Advertisement
if i may make a suggestion - try these=

Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz Socket 775 1333MHz
Inno3D SL7i680a
and replace the 8800GTX with 2x 8800GT for less then what the GTX would cost.
Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

that said, a GT alone is rite behind the GTX in performance

also note that this is in sweden, i am unsure what they cost in the states - less would be my guess.

edit:omg lol i didn't see you had an amd there, sorry!
edit:added a cpu suggestion...

edit2:added link
edit3:removed link... =(
edit4:added new harddrive... who uses pata still?
edit4:these are still around the same price as the stuff you were going to get... cheaper with the graphic cards

[Edited by - Zcuron on October 29, 2007 2:35:33 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement