🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Request - History of 4E

Started by
1 comment, last by Rodin 16 years, 9 months ago
I read through the "4-n Elements" thread and thought the intro was pretty neat. Anyone tempted to make either a page going through the history of 4E: 1. Each Contest. 2. Notable Events/Discussion in Contests. 3. Winners and Runners up. Or even better (this is what I reall want) a video of it all together with some gameplay shown too ;) p.s. no rickrolls please!
Advertisement
What I would really like to see is the games all put (back) up on the site so that people could download and play them.

4E5 entries all note that there don't seem to be any downloads available.
4E4 entries are fine.
4E3 download page returns an error and the direct links no longer work.
4E2 entries are fine.
4E entries all download except nes8bit.exe (an external link), which returns a 404. Links to the HTML and XLS results files fail. Same with the link to the t-shirt image, and a few of the images on the contest pages.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xe60 Thread 0xb60 DBC 0x38f8094 Jet'./community/contest/4e3/4e3entries.asp, line 22 

Actually, I think I'll go back through the games and see what sorts of games have been doing well. Yeah, I'm compiling your results and such now :P

[Edited by - Avatar God on September 27, 2007 7:09:17 AM]
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
You can download the winner of 4E5 at yoyogames.com.
edit: oops, I was wrong. That one got in third last year.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement