Advertisement

How to properly boot up computer for first time?

Started by July 30, 2007 11:02 AM
3 comments, last by by 17 years, 2 months ago
I just ordered parts for a new computer and received them. I have also put everything together. However the only question I have is how do I boot it up properly the first time? I have vista ultimate for the OS. When do I install all of the drivers? Should I be connected to the internet when installing the OS? Do I need to install the drivers off the cds or go to the respective web sites and look for the newest ones and download them? Basically, I just need a walk-through of how to procede for the first time boot up. And once everything is working correctly, do I need to stress test it? And what are the best programs for displaying different temps? THANKS! -will
Have you ever installed Windows on a new maching before?
Advertisement
Not on a newly built machine. I have re-installed windows xp numerous times on my old computer.
put the cd in, boot from cd, install and follow the instructions.

once installed, run windows updates, download everything, and then check wich drivers are still updateable (mainly gpu).

it's about the same as reinstalling (if you reinstalled by booting from the cd, too)
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Start your computer and enter BIOS. Set first boot device to cd-rom in bios. Place OS disc into your cd-rom (or dvd-rw, dvd-rom etc). Save bios settings and reboot computer. You should go on after that like re-installing Windows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement