Advertisement

A good chassis for a mini-server?

Started by July 14, 2007 10:52 AM
1 comment, last by tstrimp 17 years, 2 months ago
Heya guys. I'm planning on buying a new computer, and thought that I can use my current one as a server. However, the chassis on it is quite bad and broken. So, I'm asking you guys, what attributes would a good server chassis need?
Space for many drives is the only thing I can really think of immediately. If it isn't going to be anything really heavy duty, though, nothing special should be required. Good luck.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Advertisement
Typically servers don't have huge video cards so you can get by with a somewhat smaller case. Lots of hard drives usually aren't a concern for that type of server either since it's very unlikely you'd ever go above four drives (usually just one or two). One item I wouldn't skimp on is the power supply. You shouldn't need a lot of watts but servers are usually on longer then desktops are and a high efficiency can definitely pay off here. Other then that it's a matter of personal preference. Some people like quiet cases, some don't mind the white noise of case fans.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement