🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Install screenshots

Started by
3 comments, last by Sander 17 years ago
Does anyone know how to take a screenshot of the installation of Linux? I am using Fedora 7 and Ubuntu 7.04, and can use PC Linux OS. I have googled for this, but can only find how to take screenshots once the distro is installed. Thanks
Advertisement
I don't know if this helps, but in ubuntu you can boot with the live cd and start the installation from there, then you can take screens just by using applications -> accessories-> take screenshot.
Run the install in a VM (like vmware). I'm sure you could get a decent screenshot with such a setup.
I haven't thought of that. I think I just save the screenshots to my flash drive, so they'll be saved when I exit the live CD. If that doesn't work, I will just have to try to get it to boot in VM.

Thanks for the help
Debian's new X installer (not the ncurses one) even has a little "take screenshot" button in the corner of ever page.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement