🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting Ubuntu to work with WPA-PSK

Started by
6 comments, last by SticksandStones 17 years ago
I can not for the life of me get Ubuntu to connect to my wireless router when I have WPA-PSK security enabled. If I disable it it connects fine, but it will not let me connect otherwise. It seems that this is a common problem, so surely someone out there has tried something that has worked. Any suggestions?
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Advertisement
What kind of card and router do you have? What driver are you using for the card? What version of Ubuntu?

Moved to Everything Unix.
Quote: Original post by Ravuya
What kind of card and router do you have? What driver are you using for the card? What version of Ubuntu?

Moved to Everything Unix.

I wasn't sure if this would fit in Everything Unix, sorry for making you move it [smile]

I'm on an Intel PROSet/Wireless 3945ABG wireless card, attempting to connect to a Belkin 802.11G router (if you need more specific let me know). I'm unsure of the driver, I believe the default wireless driver of the distro, and I'm running Edgy (6.10).
This guide discusses how to enable WPA manually. It is the guide I successfully followed when I last setup WPA Supplicant on my notebook.
Quote: Original post by Null and Void
This guide discusses how to enable WPA manually. It is the guide I successfully followed when I last setup WPA Supplicant on my notebook.

Tried it, it doesn't work. When I do:

sudo wpa_supplicant -ieth1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dmadwifi -w

all I get is a bunch of a errors.
Quote: Original post by SticksandStones

It would help if you would POST the errors, since we cannot guess which of the errors you're getting, and therefor cannot anticipate on them.

Toolmaker

Quote: Original post by Toolmaker
Quote: Original post by SticksandStones

It would help if you would POST the errors, since we cannot guess which of the errors you're getting, and therefor cannot anticipate on them.

Toolmaker

I wasn't at my computer at the time so I COULDN'T post them.
benny@benny-laptop:~$ sudo wpa_supplicant -ieth1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dmadwifi -w
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_DELKEY]: Operation not supported
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETOPTIE]: Operation not supported

That's what I get when I try to follow the guide. Any suggestions?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement