My New PC ...

Started by
0 comments, last by Perost 17 years, 3 months ago
Hi All, I hv a old pc with AGP 2x slot and few days back i was thinking for upgrading my old one with a new PCI video card ( since new AGP 8x card are not compatible and does not even support Diretcx9) .So i posted the below : http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=449090 Some of Gamedev members pointed out for going for a new PC instead of just upgrading with a PCI video card . I thank them for their advice and now i decided to go for a new PC . Just another help i need from you guys in building my pc configuration.So here is goes :: ( one more thing i hv a moderate budget so not going for a hign end pc .) 1) Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ AM2 i ...... love ..... AMD :) . AM2 is better since is support fast memory DDR2 and also for future upgrade option will be available better in AM2.Second thing is that AM2 comes in two flavour 65n and 90n . What should i choose ?? . I favour cool and quiet. 2) Motherboard : ?? ( please give ur opinion on whcih motherboard should i go for . Performace and flexibilty to upgrade in future which is what i am looking for . I am looking for a inbuilt video card that could support vista ie directx10 . i want to keep future upgrade option for the video card . 3) RAM : 512 MB 533 MHZ ( I hv heard abt ECC memory and also hread that ECC memory is more stable ??. what u guys think. ) 4) HDD : there wont't be a problem if i use my old 20GB Seagate HDD ?? looking forward for ur replies .thanking in advance -nick-
Advertisement
ECC memory can correct some error that might appear, but most people don't need it. Since memory and harddrives are so cheap nowadays I'd recommend you to buy at least 1 GB of regular RAM instead, and a new harddrive too. It really makes no sense to buy a new dualcore CPU, and then use an old (and probably slow) 20 GB drive. There probably won't be any problem using it, if it's an IDE-drive, but you should really consider a new harddrive anyway. You can get a 200 GB drive for around 60$.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement