Advertisement

help installing kdevelop

Started by April 02, 2001 04:44 AM
2 comments, last by avianRR 23 years, 6 months ago
I need help getting and installing kdevelop. I went to kdevelop.org and went to the download section and eather I''m blind or every mirror site I tryed didn''t have kdevelop on it! I did find an older version of kdevelop 1.3 that has to be compiled but when I run the ./configure command I get tones of errors and no usefull info on what''s causeing them. If I do figure it out and fix it then they just get replaced by 10 more. from what i''ve read kdevelop 1.3 is for kde1.x and kdevelop 1.4 is for kde 2.x I''m running Mandrake 7.2 with KDE 2.0 installed. So I''m thinking that it''s a version incompatibility of some type. if anyone knows the url for the kdevelop 1.4 files (preferably with precompiled bianarys) I''d appreciate if you could let me know. I''m gonna need a decent IDE as soon as I learn Linux programming and start porting my (currently win32) projects.
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
I don''t know, but I think this is what you''re looking for. It says this on the KDevelop page:
quote:
In order to compile and install KDevelop (CVS-version) on your system, type the following in the base directory of the KDevelop distribution:
$ make -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install (as root)

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/
Advertisement
Hi,
When they say kdevelop1.4 is for kde2.x you better listen to them else the program may fail to compile because you will probably miss dependencies.

Regarding on where it is, well search the ftp site, you should find it somewhere.
Hello from my world
NULL and VOID: When I run ./configure I get ton's of errors! I've never been able to get any makefile to work!

Flame_Warrior: That's exactly what's happening! I'm getting ton's of errors in header files!

I've searched the ftp sites they list and they all have kde on them but I can't find the kdevelop files anywhere. unless there called something other then kdevelop then I might just have to download the entire ftp site and try one file at a time to find them. Why can't anyone ever put a direct link to ther files on there site?

Edited by - avianRR on April 2, 2001 7:04:23 PM
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement