Advertisement

PC to TV connections?

Started by January 24, 2007 04:49 PM
2 comments, last by Paulus_newbieus 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi all, Im getting a new TV and want to connect my laptop upto it to see my graphics stuff in full widescreen glory. The problem is, I have no idea how to do that - what sort of cables do I need? Can you use some sort of standard PC monitor cable? To give you an idea what I have to work with, here is a list of the different inputs/outputs on the new television: - 2x HDMI INPUT - 2x SCART IN - AV/S-VIDEO IN - COMPONENT IN (VIA VGA) - PC INPUT (VGA) - RS232 Now obviously that 'PC Input (VGA)' input sticks out here :D but is this the BEST input for my laptop connection, or is there a better digital alternative in here? Also, what cables would I need? Thanks for any comments!
An S Video cable should work nicely.

This might help
Advertisement
I've had good results using a regular VGA connection from my tablet to tv. Quality-wise it was pretty much spot on. I suspect you could get better results with either a DVI or HDMI connection, but you're unlikely to find a tv with a DVI in, or a pc with a HDMI out.

I've used S-Video in the past, which wasn't bad but somewhat more blurry (that was a different, cheaper, tv though so that might have influenced it somewhat).
Thanks guys!

My laptop has:

- 1x DVI port
- 1x S-Video output

So it looks like I need an S-Video cable going from the S-Video output on the laptop to the AV/S-VIDEO IN on the tv.

So I wonder what the 'COMPONENT IN (VIA VGA)' on the tv might be for?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement