Advertisement

mysql+java on Linux

Started by December 23, 2006 12:58 PM
8 comments, last by hydroo 17 years, 9 months ago
hello everybody, Thanks for reading the forum and thanks again in advance for replying to this post.Actually i start developing applications on java in linux.I searched alot of pages and read alot of pages about mysql but i couldnt be able to installed and run properly mysql.I want to develop an application on linux using java and mysql.If anybody who is good in mysql help me out how to install mysql on Redhat Linux 9 and how to connect it to java to create a database application i will really appreciated. Regards Middle_Pro P.N Programming in Linux is 9:1 Programming in Windows
I am downloaded mysql-server-3.23.54a-11.i386.rpm and tried to installed it.After installation when i try to start the service its giving me command not found.

P.S Linux Programming 9:1 Window Programming
Advertisement
is there any specific reason you're using redhat 9 instead of a more recent/current fedora core or other distribution?

Quote:
P.N Programming in Linux is 9:1 Programming in Windows

what...?
This space for rent.
there is no specific reason for using redhat 9 but anyway its same thing either on fedora or redhat 9.
Quote: Original post by Middle_Pro
there is no specific reason for using redhat 9 but anyway its same thing either on fedora or redhat 9.

On Fedora you can install them like this:
yum install mysql-server mysql-devel
And start the server:
service mysqld start
You should normally have MySQL/MySQL-Dev in the tree, so that you don´t have to download anything by hand. You should be able to find the packages by using your preferred package management tool.

Java with MySQL through JDBC? If yes, you have to install the appropriate Driver.

Ubuntu/Debian-case:

libmysql-java -- JDBC Driver for Java
mysql-server
mysql-client (?)

and maybe some java-packages?

The packages of other distros are hopefully named similar.
Advertisement
hello,
I just download mysql-server-3.23.54a-11.i386.rpm and connectivity database mm.mysql-2.0.12-you-must-unjar-me.jar- But i installed it and follow the instructions but after installing i cannot be able to start the mysqld server.if you already installed mysql and make databse connectivity on java. Can you please send me the instructions.Thanks in advance for the replys.
Quote: Original post by Middle_ProBut i installed it and follow the instructions but after installing i cannot be able to start the mysqld server.
If you followed the instructions, you should be able to start mysql using
$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start
When you say you can't start the server, what do you mean exactly? Do you get an error message, could you post it please?
actually i uninstall the program i download it again and try to install it but during the installing i am getting some errors now.These are the errors i m getting now.

root@localhost root]# rpm -ivh mysql-server-3.23.54a-11.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by mysql-server-3.23.54a-11
mysql = 3.23.54a is needed by mysql-server-3.23.54a-11

now i am trying to find the dependancies so that i can install it but i couldnt be able to locate it.

P.S Linux Programming 9:1 Window Programming
Downloading and installing standard packages by hand is not the way it is supposed to be. And it screws up your dependencies.

MySQL has to be somewhere in your install tree (wether online, or on CD).
Maybe you have to set up a second install path, if it´s not already inside your path.
And these packages should find their dependencies in the tree too. ( rpm is capable of installing dependencies, if available)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement