🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DC/Linux question (sorry..)

Started by
1 comment, last by A. Buza 23 years, 3 months ago
I don''t really like posting non-game related stuff here, but all my other options have run out.. also, seeing as how this is a game/linux related forum, it kinda fits in... almost... Anyway, I''m trying to get my linux box set up so that my dreamcast can connect to it, as described at kinox.org, in the ''articles''(?) section. Has anyone gotten this to work succesfully? I''ve tried everything I could think of, and I''m just not making any progress. *sigh*...I seem to be the only person in the world doing this (other than the author of the article). Makes it kinda hard to get help <=(
Advertisement
I''ve never seen the article, but I think you can get an Ethernet adapter for the Dreamcast (don''t quote me on that though). What you would need to do is setup a network card on the Linux box and set up the network as you would any other.

Of course, there is the question of ''WHY!?!''

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Have you tried boob?

http://www.boob.co.uk/

I think the basic idea is, burn a distro of linux for sh-4 to a CD with some telnet tools, then use a modified serial cable to connect to the I/O port of the dreamcast.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement