🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm definitely impressed!

Started by
11 comments, last by hornpipe2 17 years, 6 months ago
Well, the contest deadline's passed, and to say the least, I'm really impressed with all of the entries I've tried so far, and am having a blast trying them out. If you weren't involved with the contest, or haven't checked out the entries yet, make sure you check 'em out here. Great work everyone!
Advertisement
I'm not ...
Woah, did I miss something? I didn't realize that the Entries were already up for download...

EDIT: Some of the screenshots do look very impressive!

[Edited by - Moe on December 1, 2006 12:03:18 PM]
Quote: Original post by Moe
Woah, did I miss something? I didn't realize that the Entries were already up for download...

Yep! Some of the entries have been up for over a week now. I like how Gamedev did the contest submission this year (upload issues aside [smile]). The only thing I'd change would be the upload issues (of course), and to have the entries in the contest entry forum show up on the Active Topics list. Other than that, I thought it was a great contest.
I'm thinking of putting up a BitTorrent of all the entries so far if I can find the time to download them all myself. It would save a lot of trouble for people who want to play them all but don't like having to get one or two at a time. Any takers? And where is a good tracker to submit to?
My 4eV entry: Euro1943
Quote: Original post by hornpipe2
I'm thinking of putting up a BitTorrent of all the entries so far if I can find the time to download them all myself. It would save a lot of trouble for people who want to play them all but don't like having to get one or two at a time. Any takers? And where is a good tracker to submit to?

I think we should be able to host the tracker here on GDNet. Give me a couple of days and I'll try and sort it.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I already put one together using a public tracker.

http://nwserver.webhop.org/4eV.torrent

I'm the only seed so far. Spread the word!
My 4eV entry: Euro1943
Everyone should give feedback to the entrants.

Check out the forum and show them people are enjoying the games.

I just commented on all of them

[Edited by - Boder on December 10, 2006 1:21:18 PM]
Quote: Original post by hornpipe2
I already put one together using a public tracker.

http://nwserver.webhop.org/4eV.torrent

I'm the only seed so far. Spread the word!

I'll seed it once it's downloaded (might be a while!).
Quote:
By entering, the entrant represents and warrants that they have the right to grant GameDev.net the rights set forth above and hereby warrants that (1) the entry material is original and they are the sole author of and owner of all rights including copyrights to the entry and that the entry is not subject in whole or in part to claims of ownership of others or (2) the entry is subject, in whole or in part, to claims of ownership and copyright by others but that the entrant has the right to grant GameDev.net the rights set forth above. The entrant retains any and all rights of ownership, intellectual property rights and all other rights entrant may have in and to the entry. Notwithstanding mentioned ownership rights, by entering, the entrant personally or on behalf of their company grant GameDev.net permanent, non-exclusive, world-wide rights and a license, but not an obligation, free of any charge or compensation, to use, edit, copy, distribute and publish all or part of the entry, and all rights subsidiary to and derivative from the entry, in any medium now known or invented in the future, for promotional, advertising or demonstration purposes for GameDev.net's products or services or for GameDev.net generally.

Gamedev have the rights to make a torrent, but not users.
Have you checked with the entrants?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement