🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Linix remote administration in Win2k!

Started by
8 comments, last by kalldrex 23 years, 3 months ago
Unfortunatly i didn''t make my 3d engine and it''s for an MMORPG. Now the server i''m thinking of having it ported to Linux becasue of stability and remote administration issues but the 3d engine for the client is only windows compatable. Is there ANY way to remote administrate a Linux server in Windows 2000 sine it''s a must for me to remote administrate and immediatly load up the client.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!
Advertisement
Telnet

Martee
Magnum Games.NET
All your code are belong to us.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Instead of telnet use SSH.
Hello from my world
ah ok thanks guys. i''ll probably be back to ask how to set up the remote administration lol
Or, for the strong of heart, get an X server for W2K and do remote X.

-ben.c
X server?
X client, he meant. Search google for ''windows x client'', you can telnet to your linux machine and configure the X server (graphic interface) to send windowing instructions to a remote client. In that way you can run a linux desktop on your windows machine. Weirdx is one that I''ve tried, slow but pretty fun.
http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/
But telnet or ssh is the fastest way to do stuff on a remote linux machine. I telnet to the machine across the room just because it''s quicker than a GUI most of the time.
Actually, with X the client/server thing is kind of reversed so the part that you would be running on the windows box would actually be the X server whilst the part running on your Linux box would be the X client...

/Mikael Jacobson
quote: Original post by mikael_j

Actually, with X the client/server thing is kind of reversed so the part that you would be running on the windows box would actually be the X server whilst the part running on your Linux box would be the X client...

/Mikael Jacobson

"Is there ANY way to remote administrate a Linux server in Windows 2000 ... ?"

Is what the guy asked.
1) It''s spelt Linux

2) Can anyone spell ''oftopic''?

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement