Advertisement

Ubuntu UT2004MegaPack

Started by April 29, 2006 07:20 AM
2 comments, last by 255 18 years, 4 months ago
I'm trying to install the UT2004MegaPack. I've tried several thinsg that fail. 1. sudo file-roller From there I tell the UT2004MegaPack's files to extract to my /usr/local/games/ut2004 (Where my UT2004 is installed), and it says it inflates allt he files, but none of them are there. 2. Extract the files to /home/joe/ut2004 su mv /home/joe/ut2004 /usr/local/games and I get the error mv: cannot overwrite directory `/usr/local/games/ut2004' SO I'm guessing the error in my second method is the same as the error in my first method. What do i do?
Try cp -R /home/joe/ut2004 /usr/local/games
Or just use tar or unzip or whatever command it needs to extract directly to the correct directory.
Advertisement
Same problem. It just says it can't over-write, and anything I do to unzip directly to that folder results in no error message, but no results also.

It'd be so easy if Ubuntu woudl just let me login as root. Otherwise, awsome distro.
sudo -i gives you a root shell much like su does in other distros. You can enable root login by doing sudo passwd root and giving root a password. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement