Advertisement

Solaris, deleting user via console?

Started by January 05, 2006 02:02 AM
2 comments, last by Deniz 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I'm using solaris 10, and I have created a user via console like so: useradd -d /usr/and -m -s /bin/bash and And now I want to delete it via console, but I can't find any commands on the internet. They all refer me to the gui apps. So is there a simple command to remove users, similar to the useradd command for adding users? Thanks
userdel?
Advertisement
I haven't used Solaris in a while, but I believe it's similar to BSD... take a look at 'man pw' and see if that helps out.
255's right. The following is taken from the manpage of the command userdel. Enter "man userdel" in the console to see the whole manpage.

Quote: NAME
userdel - Delete a user account and related files

SYNOPSIS
userdel [-r] login

DESCRIPTION
The userdel command modifies the system account files, deleting all entries that refer to login. If USERGROUPS_ENAB is
set to yes in /etc/login.defs, then userdel will also remove entries in /etc/group that refer to login if, and only if,
there are no members of that group listed, or the only member is login. The named user must exist.

-r Files in the user's home directory will be removed along with the home directory itself and the user's mail
spool. Files located in other file systems will have to be searched for and deleted manually.

[Edit: This is what "man userdel" gave me on a Linux box, but Solaris 10 should have the command, too.]
Deniz ÖzsenSoftware Engineerhttp://www.symbian.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement