🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E4] #10 Riveting Ray

Started by
1 comment, last by ender7771 18 years, 7 months ago
Everyone else seems to have one, so I think I'll make my own. Yeah, this game was mostly more of a demo of my raycasting engine. I have plans to make a raycasting game like doom1/castle wolfenstein 3d for the gameboy advance. I had never done raycasting before, so I decided to try it out on the pc before tackling gba hardware. I didnt really expect much from this game. Most of the artwork and sound was last minute. The game is boring and hard to play. The secrets are hard to find and in dumb places. Some things I do like are the enemy animations. I drew them myself with concept art from my friend. They aren't supposed to be good, but I like how stupidly funny they are, especially when a zombie catches on fire for no good reason. So if you have a couple of minutes to burn, download this game. Its not even a meg for all of you dial-up users, and it has only three levels so anyone can beat it in a couple of minutes. I would really appreciate anything anyone has to say.
Advertisement
Hi, I tried it but it didnt work. I think it probably tries to use a default resolution that my monitor can't support 1280x1024 max.
It uses the insanely low resolution of 320x240. I just compiled a version with no full screen. The exec-only is here:

http://www.freewebs.com/myyellowdart3/Riveting Ray-ExecOnlyWindowed.rar

It contains just the .exe, so you either have to replace the old one or rename it, but then the start-up shortcut wont work. Just unzip it in the game folder (probably in your c:\somewhere).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement