Advertisement

I can't get SDL to "expand"

Started by November 01, 2005 10:01 AM
2 comments, last by dudedbz1 18 years, 11 months ago
When I download the SDL development libraries for Mac OS X I get an error when "expanding" the error returned is: #17535 What is the problem? How can I fix it? Thanks in advance!
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
So, nobody knows why I can't expand the SDL development download file with Stuffit Expander?
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Advertisement
Which version of OS X are you using? The dev libraries expand fine on my system.
It is a standard OS X installer package (which opens on a double click) compressed into a .tar.gz file, which should decompress fine with stuffit.

First off, visit Aladins website and get the latest version of stuffit, compatability with OS X often breaks.

BTW, I think (but not at my computer right now, so can't check) that 10.4 Tiger decompresses .tar.gz files without Stuffit expander, but if you are running 10.3 or earlier you will still need it.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

A quick (well, not really 'quick') search on [google] provided this:
Quote:
Jeremy,

Ok, I downloaded the Metro G4 6201.sitx, but I'm getting error messages.

My first attempt said:

1. An error has occurred while expanding the file "Metro G4 6201.sitx". Unable to read or write due to an I/O error (17535).

So, then I tried unstuffing on another computer and got this message:

2. An error has occurred while expanding the file "Metro G4 6201.sitx" (Archive was compressed with an unknown compression method). Error # 17535.

Whatever "17535" is must be the problem. I'm using Stuffit Deluxe 7.0, and it worked fine on the Metro 6.2.sitx file from the other day. Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks,

Ronnie

// And the answer was:

Yes. Another user reported this. Please try the non-G4 version. It reportedly unstuffs fine. I am looking into this...

As much as you're supplying all I can help with is this. If you have any info, please do tell us.

The source for that stuff was : here
-----------------------------....::::DRAGON BALL Z::::....C<<"+"<<"+"; // Go C++ !!!-----------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement