Advertisement

error loading libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Started by September 26, 2005 09:50 PM
1 comment, last by Halsafar 18 years, 11 months ago
Okay I am trying to install some Java SDK from java.sun.com. Now I just recently re-installed Kubuntu completely fresh and last time this same installation was no more than a click of the *.bin file. Now since I reformatted, mind you this time I installed using the Kubuntu DVD instead of the Ubuntu 3 CD Set. When in the GUI KDE if I click on any *.bin file it attempts to open up the Archiver and of course returns an error. When in shell if I type the following this is the output for both attempts of each file: ./j2eesdk-1_4_02_2005Q2-linux.bin ./j2eesdk-1_4_02_2005Q2-linux.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory halsafar@halsafar:~/Shared $ ./jdk-1_5_0_05-nb-4_1-linux-ml.bin ./jdk-1_5_0_05-nb-4_1-linux-ml.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory halsafar@halsafar:~/Shared $ So I tried searching synaptic for the libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 file and found nothing. I've installed gcc and all components related to it via synaptic. I tried apt-get libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 and got nothing.
Okay I fixed it.

I sorted through thousands of forums which had this exact problem go unanswered especially for ubuntu/kubuntu users. So I will post my response.

https://j2ee-sdk.dev.java.net/howtos/J2EE_SDK_Installation_HOWTO.html#p4

That site contains a link to the libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 RPM file.
If you are on a Debian system you must use Alien to convert to a DEB file.

Then depending on your system
rpm -Uvh packagename <--- RPM FILE
dpkg --install packagename <--- DEB FILE

Then simply try your installation again.
Advertisement
Yup. Thats all it took.
I scanned forums via google for about 2 hours yesterday finding hundreds who encountered the same problem.

I finally found one with the answer, so hopefully this thread will be useful to someone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement