Advertisement

[4e4]Annoying contest content...

Started by June 08, 2005 02:08 AM
30 comments, last by mikeman 19 years, 3 months ago
Quote: Original post by d000hg
Considering the constest lasts 5 whole months, and how many hours per day some students/layabouts can put in...

Bah, yeah right! Not this student. I think post secondary education take more time than having a girlfriend, job, and computer, combined!
Quote: Original post by Moe
Considering the constest lasts 5 whole months, and how many hours per day some students/layabouts can put in...

Bah, yeah right! Not this student. I think post secondary education take more time than having a girlfriend, job, and computer, combined!

Not when its summer vacation it isn't!! :P I for one have 3 months of free time (well unless i get off my ass and get a proper job lol).

-J
Advertisement
I have the feeling a primarily text game isn't what they had in mind but I'm curious if it will get anywhere in the contest =)
It's going to be tricky doing this concurrently with my internship, but I want you all to know that I plan to r0xx0r all of your b0x0rz.

What are you studying?! I did a science degree which had a high number of lectures etc (the most except maybe engineering and chemistry degreees). I had about 20hrs of contact time plus some 'homework'. But was still able to go out every night... oh for those easy days again.

Quote: Original post by KGodwin
I have the feeling a primarily text game isn't what they had in mind but I'm curious if it will get anywhere in the contest =)

A friend of mine is strongly considering entering with a console mode text adventure.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement

What are you studying?! I did a science degree which had a high number of lectures etc (the most except maybe engineering and chemistry degreees). I had about 20hrs of contact time plus some 'homework'. But was still able to go out every night... oh for those easy days again.

Actually I am taking a (2 year) program called Computer Systems Technology. I started in January so I am offset from everything (hence going through the summer). I am usually in class from 8:00am until 3:00pm five days a week. Add onto that the time that it takes to get there and back on a bus, plus homework and labs. It doesn't leave me a lot of time.
At my university we had 6 courses this semester and with classes going from 8:00 to 20:00 in one day and from 8:00 to 19:00 in the next day and in the other days we finished at 15:00, except for wednesday. Besides that we, me and my group, had to deliver 5 assignments that took us 1 and an half months to finish (working everyday on them, at least 1 and 1/2 hours on them) and still had to deliver 2 of those 5 assignments even after the classes ended (Date was chosen by the teachers).

Going to a REAL university takes a lot of time. And if you say that you had all that time available is because you were only interested in getting aproval at the courses with the lowest grade possible and/or the homework you had to do was something that was done in 1, 2 days...
And in my country a undergraduate course is like that for 5 years (some only last 4 years). There's also Bsc that last for 3 years, but they are few because they don't have the same merit/knowledge base tha a 5 year degree has.

Do you still think it's that easy?
I don't think so.
In case you dont have any artists:
Those green blocko men act like zombies and they sound like robots (the cheap text to font).
Insufficent Information: we need more infromationhttp://staff.samods.org/aiursrage2k/
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
At my university we had 6 courses this semester and with classes going from 8:00 to 20:00 in one day and from 8:00 to 19:00 in the next day and in the other days we finished at 15:00, except for wednesday. Besides that we, me and my group, had to deliver 5 assignments that took us 1 and an half months to finish (working everyday on them, at least 1 and 1/2 hours on them) and still had to deliver 2 of those 5 assignments even after the classes ended (Date was chosen by the teachers).

Going to a REAL university takes a lot of time. And if you say that you had all that time available is because you were only interested in getting aproval at the courses with the lowest grade possible and/or the homework you had to do was something that was done in 1, 2 days...
And in my country a undergraduate course is like that for 5 years (some only last 4 years). There's also Bsc that last for 3 years, but they are few because they don't have the same merit/knowledge base tha a 5 year degree has.

Do you still think it's that easy?
I don't think so.

Hey, I never meant to rag on anyone by saying that I was busy with school. What I wished to convey is that I am in school full time and wish that I had more time to work on a 4E4 entry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement