Advertisement

digitizing and colour adjustments

Started by November 13, 2000 03:39 PM
2 comments, last by andhen 23 years, 10 months ago
I make sprite frames by digitizing video frames. I reduce the size of the digitized image and the reduce the number of colours by creating a palette. The problem is that different video captures can have very different colours. I can adjust colours, brightness etc on every single image but this is time consuming. I use photoshop but I am not very experienced. Is there a smart way to do this? Anders
in photoshop:
1. learn how to make user actions
(easy to do)

2. learn how to use these actions in an automated batch
(also easy to do)

you will have to change/create new actions for every capture to adjust the frames to match.

-Luxury
Advertisement
The easiest way would actually be to grayscale them, and then actually start to make up the colours from scratch. But anyway black and white is very arty and could land you a job on Schindler''s List, -the game.

Take your black and white frames into Premier and edit them there. Make it into a movie, -lossless. Bring it back into effect or premier and colourise them there. Render back into frames for use in Photoshop as film strip or single images.
Luxury: Yes, I know I should learn to do automated batches. However, unfortunately most of this work cannot be automated. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Gocontact: Yep, I have come to the conclusion that conversion to black & white is a must if I am going to get clean and nice looking sprites. I do all the work in Photoshop and I am very satisfied with the results.

Anders

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement