Advertisement

2 questions...

Started by January 11, 2005 09:32 PM
10 comments, last by Null and Void 19 years, 8 months ago
Quote: Original post by Ainokea
2.Mouse freezes:
Every once and awhile my mouse will freeze and I will have to unplug and then plug it back in.

BTW: I am using Debian.

When the mouse problem occurs, does the mouse work again after you went to a console and then returned to X (CTRL + ALT + F1 to get to a console, then CTRL + ALT + F7 to get back into X) ? I ran into this problem on a school computer with the early 2.6 kernels, I fixed it by upgrading to a later 2.6 release. It didn't occur on the 2.4 series, so this is probably totally unrelated.
"THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS REPORT IS CLASSIFIED; DO NOT GO TO FOX NEWS TO READ OR OBTAIN A COPY." , the pentagon
Quote: Original post by Ainokea
Ok for this link it seems it wont be possible for me to get the drivers the way Null and Void suggested, is there another way?.

Frequently I forget that not everyone uses the unstable repository (for a desktop machine, it sure is convenient at times :)). If the packages that I mentioned from unstable require too recent of dependencies, you can always try snapshot.debian.net.

As for answering the initial question about installing the NVidia drivers, in case you choose not to go through with the "Debian way": you need your kernel source/headers installed for the NVidia installer to build the bindings between your particular kernel and the binary drivers. The way the Debian build script handles it, only the headers are needed. I'm not aware of whether or not the NVidia provided installer is smart enough to only need the headers at this point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement