Advertisement

Cygwin environment issue.

Started by November 22, 2004 12:35 AM
-1 comments, last by Krylloan 19 years, 10 months ago
Not sure which is the right forum for this, so apologies if you think it should go somewhere else. I'm trying to compile GMP under Cygwin / WinXP. GMP = Gnu MP bignum library. Unfortunately, somewhere in the Gygwin setup or GMP (I would assume it's somewhere in Cygwin) there is a path to my MinGW tools, which used to reside in "C:/Program Files/MinGW" Of course, being linuxy, it muxes up when it comes to spaces, and I get the error below.

checking for BSD-compatible nm... /cygdrive/c/Program Files/MinGW/bin/nm -B
checking for ld used by GCC... c:/Program Files/MinGW/mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (c:/Program Files/MinGW/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... c:/Program: not found

checking how to define a 32-bit word... /cygdrive/c/Program: not found
/cygdrive/c/Program: not found
configure: error: cannot determine how to define a 32-bit word

I've re-installed MinGW at "C:/MinGW", changed all my windows path variables and every registry entry that had MinGW somewhere in it, but GMP's ./configure still tries the Program Files location. I grep'd my Cygwin /etc dir and the entire GMP directory for mingw with no luck. Does anyone know where I can set the ??toolpath?? for Cygwin or GMP or whatever it is so that it points to "C:/MinGW" instead of "C:/Program Files/MinGW". Would be a great help, thanks in advance. [Edited by - Krylloan on November 22, 2004 1:46:36 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement