Advertisement

Running an executable file from Konquerer

Started by September 05, 2004 04:42 AM
3 comments, last by Q-Parser 20 years ago
How do I run an executable file from Konquerer in KDE? (it doesn't work by clicking on it for some reason...)
What sort of executable? The console one or one that uses window maker? I guess you are trying to run a console executable, what won't work until you set the program to be run in console. However, I can be mistaken.
Advertisement
It's a console application, I found it works with non console ones indeed. However, when opening a non console one, it opens in the wrong path so you actually have to open it from the console anyway.

Can Konquerer be set to automaticly do this, and in the correct path? :)

Thanks.
How about naming the file with a .sh extension and associating .sh files with whatever terminal emulator you use(kde's konsole, for example) in konquorer
Quote: Can Konquerer be set to automaticly do this, and in the correct path? :)

I don't know whether Konqueror can be set this way, however AFAK in the properties of the file can be set the way you want the program to be run. There should be an "open in console" option or something similar (don't know, I'm not running on linux machine now). Path can be set also. The same way I'm running NWN, as it requires running in console.

Quote: How about naming the file with a .sh extension and associating .sh files with whatever terminal emulator you use(kde's konsole, for example) in konquorer

I don't think this could work, but I can be mistaken. IMHO this would result in some error since shell would take file with .sh extension as a shell script and not program.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement