Advertisement

Commercial game demos and binaries for playing fullversions on Linux. And other stuff

Started by August 04, 2004 10:42 PM
10 comments, last by bobstevens 20 years, 1 month ago
For those who are not aware: sabadabadá [Edited by - owl on August 5, 2004 1:44:13 AM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Nice link :) Too bad I found the site slow to load!
Advertisement
Strange. It runs decently for me.

There is a link that claims to point to a sequel of Castle Wolfenstain. Apparently it's not a demo but the complete game. Did Id released it for free?
heh, excuse me if this bothers someone, but I just came to my house in Buenos Aires and we have Cablemodem here, so I'm burning everything I can before I leave and while it gets downloaded I can post it here to help time pass. :)

KDE apps:

Kexi Database alà MS. Access.

kdetv To watch TV with your TV card.

K3b CD/DVD Burning app.

Has anyone installed the last version of KDE? It's sweet.

EDIT: More...

Panda antivirus

[Edited by - owl on August 5, 2004 2:08:40 AM]
You mean the latest bugfix release? Meh, downloading Debs ATM. It's a bugfix, it's hardly that wonderful.

Quote: sequel of Castle Wolfenstain

They are referring to RTCW: Enemy Territory, which is sort of but not really unofficially a sequel. Kind of like an expansion, except you don't need RTCW for it. Yes, it's free. Yes, it's the whole thing. It's ~250MB. Very fun. Head over to SplashDamage to find out.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
Quote: Original post by Doc
You mean the latest bugfix release? Meh, downloading Debs ATM. It's a bugfix, it's hardly that wonderful.

I just upgraded my Slack from 8 to 10 some months ago and I notice great improvements, specially in KDE's look n' feel.

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading the windows version (to play with my wife) and the server-client patch.
Advertisement
ahh, I finally have a machine that is able to run this game with all these cars, tracks, etc.
Enemy Territory and the UT2004 demo run excellent under linux.
They come with a pretty nice installer for X11, I was kinda surprised when I saw it. Never played commercial version of games under linux before.

I downloaded a couple of games from the Linux Game Tome web page. They have very nice stuff there, new games apear every day.

Has anybody else tried this demos?
I haven't tried UT2004 (>200MB just for a demo is not worth squeezing through my 56kbps), but I cherish my copy of ET. I'm so addicted to that game.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
Now I have a lot of games to play under linux, and now that I've seen the demos running so well I'm planning on ordering fullversions for it.

Being able to:
- Play any video/sound format.
- Watching TV
- Open MS.Office documents.
- Burning CDs.
- Playing titles like UT2004.
- Programming in C/C++ and a pletora of other languages.
- 3D modeling and image editing.

There are really very few reasons why I would need to use Windoze at home. I find this pretty comforting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement