🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

help me if you can

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 6 months ago
Well it just looks like you have a linking error, which usually happens when you don't include a certain library in your project. I can't really tell exactly what the problem is without looking though. If you want you can e-mail it to me and I'll look at it for ya.
Working on: DoP
Advertisement
Sounds to me like you haven't defined a WinMain. I'm willing to bet that you're trying to build a simple console app (one that uses a main() instead of a WinMain()) without setting your project as a console app.

The default, if you don't set it, is windows application, and would explain the linker error.

Just create a new 'console application' project for your app, and it should compile fine.

Then you should have a user manual then, with your "extended" site licence. Everything is printed nice and clearly.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

ok this is my little problem

I have visual C++ 6.0 enterprise ed.
I built a simple .cpp file, no errors
I tried to compile the project .exe and this is what I got:

Compiling...
rpg.cpp
Linking...
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16
Debug/Tutorials.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Tutorials.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

??
I am pretty new to C++.
I own the compiler(extra liscence from a friends corporation)

I can figure out whats causing this. if you have any ideas PLEASE HELP ME!!

I do got the manuals. like I said, Im new to this and just tried a simple tutorial. chew me out why dont you. anyways, I DID have a main() function instead of winmain(). thanks stark for helping me here. everything went smooth. nothing to see here. move along.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement