🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

im faithful :)...

Started by
12 comments, last by firahs 24 years, 6 months ago
Who knows? I'd rather just be a member.

Six

Advertisement
Sorry, I uploaded the new user levels this morning, but didn't have time to make a post explaining them. The breakdown is:

0-19 Member
20-49 Faithful
50-99 Fanatic
100-199 Zealot
200-399 Martyr
400-??? Saint

there are a couple of levels above that, but since no one is there yet, I'm not going to mention them.

I don't know if anyone would really care that much, but I thought it would be nice to have more levels, and this progression seems to reflect a person's level of activity, rather than their level of knowledge.

- Dave

Actually, I just changed Faithful to Dedicated and Member to Initiate. There will probably more tweaking that goes on as I get suggestions. Sorry.
Does it defeat the purpose to put the number of posts in the profile page?
joeG
How would that defeat the purpose?
Ok.... I think I liked being a Guru better than a Martyr though. Now it sounds like I'm gonna sacrifice myself for GameDev or something.

- Splat

What, are you saying you wouldn't?
you know Splat, with that many posts, one could argue that you've *already* sacrificed a large chunk of your life to gamedev.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Hey! Mason gets it!
Oh well, I was a bit overzealous to begin with, but now I've calmed down a wee bit. The first week or so I had posted like 70 messages! Its a bit unusual to be able to help so many people at something that I'm actually good at.

- Splat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement