🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsoft XBox

Started by
9 comments, last by jamesmcc 24 years, 3 months ago
Been hearing a bit about this. What is it and has anybody else heard about this ?

Advertisement
Gates wants to make a video game console. Do you remember that SEGA and Microsoft once worked together on a new console project years ago?
Rumors say that Xbox will be nearly compatible or at least close to the PC.
Hardware:Athlon or PIII as CPU , GeForce for Graphics...
Price : 200$
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.

The only true thing is that Microsoft has plans for a console the rest is just a rumor

[This message has been edited by TheMummy (edited November 30, 1999).]

>The only true thing is that Microsoft has plans for a console the rest is just a rumor

By the way, how about Indrema?

http://indrema.com/servlet/site

It is Linix based console game machine to be released late this year.

OpneGL is supported. But will DirectX supported on Indrema?

Lon Po

So many new consoles....so little money.
''Nuff said.

BTW:
I hope the X-BOX flops miserably
"End Communication!", Kang from Rigel-4
The Indrema is a lame duck console - it''s much more of a settop box than something aimed at the games market. Forget it.

The XBox is definitely happening. Whether it''ll succeed, who knows. There''s going to be a lot of competing hardware, with the PS2 likely to take the edge in sales.

Rumour: Sega to get out the hardware business once & for all.
Xbox-
600mhz
64mb
HardDisk
1 Monopoly
1 DVDx4
Openpltfrm
18+months
1 Trillion Guestimated operations p/s
IDL3 -Sound/Audio
1 big joke.

Can the X box compete with a CPU 2 years from now?
Hell no-

comments:
Its Funny how my current PC is better then the X cox.
To bad Multi-player connections will cause devs to make piss poor games, nothing comes without its price.
Keyboards?
Joysticks?
Controls?
Monitor?
Feasible?

No PC gamer with a head will buy one-
Consoles are for low budget couples-

Microshaft simply wants to try and monopolize the console gaming market like they did OS.

[Perhaps BEOS/LNX will get the attention they deserve and Monopoly-soft will burn.]

-Some live to dream, others live to destroy them.
"Consoles are for low budget couples"

If you would have looked up your statements a little better, you would realize how wrong you are. How many copies do you thing that PSX, Nintendo 8/Super/64 has sold? They''re huge.

Now, game consoles may not have any chance against the PC market, but that''s just because they''re too different.

Ps. you mr. anonymous people, are you too lazy to register or are you just comfortable with hiding?

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
You say MS just wants money off of console systems. Sony wants money off of console systems (and other things) Notice how if something big comes up Sony has to make something to get money. I.E. Sega/Nintendo
Does anyone listen to Destiny''s Child, TLC, or Sammie?
Hi,
do you remember the big problem of the PSX2 ? It is hard to program it. This won''t be the case with a X-Box, because the architecture is nearly the same as the PC''s one.

And the X-Box won''t be as expensive as a PC, you will be able to connect to the internet, watch DVD''s, play some cool games (the specs of the NV25 sound pretty cool ... programmable shaders and things).

quote: Now, game consoles may not have any chance against the PC market, but that''s just because they''re too different.

They do have a chance and the PSX showes that consoles are quite popular. Developing for an easy-to-program console is nearly the best possible thing for you, let''s say 50.000.000 all over the world own it, everyone uses it for games and you don''t have to worry with different hardware-configurations, because the consoles all over the world are exactly the same.

Ok, sometimes the developers of the console might suck, but that''s life, if you''ve got a license for a good console and a good team, than it''s cool. It is impossible to sell 4.000.000 copies on PC, but on consoles, it is definitely not.

CU

Graphix Coding @
Skullpture Entertainment
http://www.skullpture.de
Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
i have big hopes for this console , anyone here allread view the pictures of the games? they are unbelivable!!! with 300.000.000 polig per sec we can make things that not only look real they will act like real things! and even if it have only about 50% of the power that they talk that it will have(this sentence makes sense??? sorry but i´m not used to write in english)it is much more than PS2(i still have bad nights with it)

and what you guys have agaist the microsoft. ok they monopolize the market , but they are the one that created the market , people just began to buy computers when they becomed easy to use because of the windows, in nowadays anyone that buy a computer also get a copy of windows don´t because the microsoft monopolize the market but because 90% of people don´t know wow use a computer without a tool like the windows

- the artificial inteligence don´t work because the natural stupidity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement