Advertisement

Cross-platform printing

Started by July 17, 2004 08:38 PM
2 comments, last by clum 20 years, 2 months ago
I'm trying to print to a shared Windows XP printer from a SuSE 9.1 machine. I've installed and configured Samba, so the machines are able to see and recognize each other on the network. I can even accessed a Windows 2000 file share on a third computer from SuSE. However, I'm unaware of how to install the printer on SuSE over the network. For starters, I can't find any Unix drivers for the printer I want to use (Epson Stylus CX6400), and second, I can't get SuSE to see printers over the network. All I get is a 'print$' folder but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual printers. Am I at a loss because there are no drivers? Can't I just raw spool it to XP? I've never had to do this before so I'm unsure of how it would be done.
Are you using CUPS?
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)
Advertisement
I'm afraid the best advice I can give you is: Printing in Linux is (still) a bitch, let alone cross-platform printing in Linux. Expect delays. [caution]
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
Instructions on using a variety of printer drivers for your printer. First think in google for cx6400 linux.
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement