Advertisement

sun ms...

Started by April 06, 2004 01:42 PM
4 comments, last by 666_1337 20 years, 5 months ago
sun microsystem has just drifted to microsoft, after they''ve paid them $ 2 million. they made a treaty, that sun is going to make it''s system more "microsoft friendly", and thereby help microsoft increasing influence on the server sector... since sun has been THE legal opponent of microsoft, this might have pretty bad results for the gnu-community, for sun is no longer "supporing microsofts enemies". sun also has commited that linux is a "potential thread" to their solaris project, while gcc would be bad for the sales of their compiler suits. lukily it seems like sun''s chief, scott mc nealy is going to resign, and the new chief might change suns policy... so i appeal anyone to boycot sun''s products ( especially staroffice and sun''s "one studio" ) until they changed back to their former position
our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
until they switch back to a money losing battle with microsoft?

eh... no. Just because they''re pretending to be all buddy buddy doesn''t mean they''ll hesitate to stab them in the back.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by 666_1337
so i appeal anyone to boycot sun's products ( especially staroffice and sun's "one studio" ) until they changed back to their former position

You're a ****.

Edited for family-friendliness. - Strife

[edited by - Strife on April 7, 2004 2:27:59 AM]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Hey, just because Sun stops fighting the Enemy doesn''t mean we should boycott them. Saying that someone has formed a friendship with someone does not mean that they are the same as that someone. Anyways, they forced the Enemy to give $2 million for this deal. Whenever M$ loses money, that''s a good thing.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
Strange that you anti-MS zealots didnt realize that the figure is actually closer to $2 billion than $2 million. In today''s IT world, 2 mil is chump change.
OMFG! if you give the hand to the devil you will soon have lost your arms and more...
neutrality: ok, friendsipt: never!

Life's like a Hydra... cut off one problem just to have two more popping out.
Leader and Coder: Project Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement