Advertisement

Big Grub error.

Started by January 02, 2004 04:35 AM
2 comments, last by Fibonacci One 20 years, 8 months ago
Some of you may have read about the issue I''ve been having trying to get the ATI drivers to work in debian. While working on this I''ve come across a far mroe scary error. After installing sid and seeing it doesn''t fix the problem, I once again decided to reinstall the version of linux my teacher gave me. Not sure if this is relevent: but while doing a bad block scan my sister sat down at the computer and accidently kicked the reset button. The computer booted with the linux cd that was in the drive and I set it stright to installing again. When the base system was done installing the computer restarted (with the cd out this time) and when grub should have loaded it instead just said "GRUB ". I used the linux cd to boot linux and finish installing it; it works fine (or, at least like it was working before) and I assume (and really hope) I''ll be able to make an XP boot cd from this machine in the morning. Any ideas how to get rid of this problem?
You can reinstall grub. Just check the man pages for the command grub.

The official zorx website
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
Advertisement
I''ve removed the package, booted...same problem.
Installed the package, booted...same problem.

Other then reinstalling windows (which wouldn''t be all bad because I have NEARLY everything on seperate partitions) I can''t think of anything else to try.

Any other ideas?
try:

> su
> grub
grub> find (hd0,1)/boot/grub/menu.lst
grub> setup (hd0)

this assumes that your linux partition is hda2 (== hd0,1 for grub).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement