🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev: Arena Tournament Brackets

Started by
-1 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 7 months ago
I wrote a little program that generated the tournament brackets, and this is what it gave us: Match 1: Tailspin vs. LiquidIntell Match 2: Mushu vs. Hexagon Match 3: Nosfera vs. Dustbot Bye: HuBot will play winner of Match 1. If you would like to see the source code of the bracket generator, just say so and I will post it here. I also created the layout of the tournament bracket, which you see here: To add a little suspense to the whole thing, I''m going to execute one round per day, starting tonight. So tonight will be Round 1, and Thursday will be the championship round. I''ll update the tournament bracket with a new post in this forum after the completion of each round. I''ll try to give a synopsis of what happened in each match, as well, since I wasn''t able to get the logging into the arena executable. I''ve tried to be as fair as possible with the tournament bracket setup (i.e. created a random bracket generation program, alowed Tailspin with restrictions, etc..), but if you feel I could have been more fair in some way, please email me about your concern instead of posting it here. Also, I''ll have more survey type questions for each of the participants sometime this week regarding the arena executable, programming your bots, and the tournament itself, so stay tuned! Thanks and good luck! Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement