Advertisement

Can KDevelop create projects from Makefiles?

Started by November 04, 2003 04:51 PM
4 comments, last by Promit 20 years, 10 months ago
Can KDevelop read a Makefile and create an entire project file from that?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Yes.

Project->Generate Project File

-------
Andrew
PlaneShift - A MMORPG in development.
Advertisement
It wants a Makefile.am. I don''t have one of thsoe, only a Makefile.

(P.S. I''m rather new to Linux development in general. I wasn''t previously responsible for the Linux versions of my program, and I haven''t set up the Makefile myself. I was just editing files with emacs and then running make. I don''t really know what I''m doing.)
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
quote: Original post by Promit
It wants a Makefile.am. I don''t have one of thsoe, only a Makefile.

Makefile.am is intended for automake (automake generates the Makefile.in from the Makefile.am, and the config.status script generated and initially run by the configure script generates the Makefile from Makefile.in). If you''re not using autoconf, automake, and possibly libtool you might want to consider taking the time to learn them (they take a little effort to learn, but they''re really easy to use afterward and save you some trouble with many more complex build-related issues).

That all said, I have no idea if you can get KDevelop to be happy with just a plain Makefile...

quote: Original post by Promit
(P.S. I''m rather new to Linux development in general. I wasn''t previously responsible for the Linux versions of my program, and I haven''t set up the Makefile myself. I was just editing files with emacs and then running make. I don''t really know what I''m doing.)

If you''ve never messed with Makefiles at all, you might want to learn how they work or just simply use the KDevelop-supplied make-based build system if it''s adjustable enough for your needs.

I couldn''t get KDevelop to accept a Makefile and make a project with it, but Anjuta handles it fine after fiddling with a few options.

The official zorx website
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
Project -> Import existing project

Then select generic project (custom makefiles) and fill in the rest.

Note : that this is for kdevelop 3.0 (currently in beta stage)
"THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS REPORT IS CLASSIFIED; DO NOT GO TO FOX NEWS TO READ OR OBTAIN A COPY." , the pentagon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement