🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My bot's update cycle is taking too long... *sniff*

Started by
11 comments, last by liquidAir 20 years, 8 months ago
quote: Original post by Dcower
quote: Original post by Khawk
quote: Original post by Dcower
The .dll that I submitted was built in release mode...

[edited by - Dcower on October 27, 2003 12:36:56 AM]

I thought it was built in debug because of its file size..
My bot has the smallest file size .

and my bot has the largest sourcecode , but i will rewrite him for the next contest, to get him smaller, smarter, faster etc. (the current version is just a huge piece of **** to test some stuff)

quote: Err..I did run it in Debug mode and it usually killed my updated bot... *sigh* It only times out when it sees my bot running amuck..

hmm could be a problem with the nade''s (havent solved it yet).. havent solved any bugs (unwanted behavior) in my bot yet, damn ...and my bot will probably not be updated anymore for this contest (i hope he doesnt do any crap in the contest-runs :D)...

T2k
Advertisement
quote:
And the arena seems to crash a lot when I put DustBot into it...don''t know why..?

yeah, sorry about that, i found a couple bugs that i''ve since fixed. should i resubmit, or just wait till this weekend?

-------

You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..

-------------------------------------------------------
A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

(author of DustBot)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
Well, I''m glad I''m not the only one with screwed up stuff... (nades still don''t work well (on 4th angle algorithm), still runs around like an idiot, still is very stupid)...

This will be an *interesting* contest... can''t wait to see the replays (will watch them again, and again, and again...)

-------

You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement