🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev: Arena Beta Contest Launch

Started by
9 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 8 months ago
The beta contest is here, and you can check out the rules at http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/gdarena/. As I (think I) said before, this announcement is going to be limited to this forum as it is a "beta contest", so spread the word by telling your friends, your coworkers, your lovers, the rest of GDNet, and your dogs. And of course, have fun! Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade , "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Hmm, according to the rules, I could give out my bot to everyone I know and have them enter it I won''t though, unless certain other people *cough*Programmer One*cough* try to
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
bump, viewcount is to low, i think the Active Topic list need''s a new topmost entry

T2k
bump. nobody is reading the active topiclist btw.

My Site
Bump. W00T, my first bump ever... Bad thing...

Someone say something worth reading.
I''ll give a little bump. Two weeks until the midterm entry date.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Bump.

What is a bump anyway?

-------

More infos about weapons please:

- I suppose i can Fire() a lot of times during an Update()...but how much damage each weapon does? (i can check but i dont have any code written yet).
- how is this damage dealt? I mean, let''s suppose i got enemy targeted...what if I call Fire() till he dies?
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
More infos about weapons please:

- I suppose i can Fire() a lot of times during an Update()...but how much damage each weapon does? (i can check but i dont have any code written yet).
- how is this damage dealt? I mean, let's suppose i got enemy targeted...what if I call Fire() till he dies?

You can call Fire() as many times as you want during an Update(), but it will only be recognized once.

As for damage.. if a bullet hits a bot, some damage is recorded. If a grenade is close enough to a bot when it explodes, then it will cause damage as well. The closer the grenade, the more damage.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Now I understand, thanx. One more to go: if I read it correct only one command (move_forward, turn_left etc) can be executed in a single game tick (one Update() call). Is that true?

thanx in advance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement